Sunday, August 31, 2008

I dream of tea parties and pixie dust.....

and then I get into my pajamas and hop into bed.





I love my job. Not many people can say they deal in the business of dancing teacups and flying elephants. I commute to work on a flying unicorn and pass the day befriending pixies and determining weather pink sprinkles are actually tastier than their white counterparts.



These images, long overdue as they may be, are from our Tea parties at the Laguna Playhouse in Laguna beach, Ca. We had a fantastic time turning their conference room into a royal princess boudoir and transforming their stage into a petite garden tea party for 12.



It was a ton of fun and a ton of work- if, in these pictures, you cant see us limping from the two flights of stairs and zero elevators to carry all 41 sandbags used to hold the pipe and drape in place or the bruised shins and scraped knuckles from the half hour we had in between celebrations to clear the entire party off the stage before the next performance- then we have done our job. If you can see the glimmer of anticipation and excitement in each little girls eyes as they live a honest to goodness real, live fairytale- then we have done our job well. I hope these pictures give you a taste of the magic and wonder that I so selfishly indulge in "at the office" on a daily basis -To say it's a blessing is the understatement of the century.



















No comments: